Migrating To A New Site

Well, guys. This is going to be the last post in this blog.

(Update: Last post? I don't think so. I've decided to return on this blog. Consider this post old and obsolete! :D)

No, I'm not giving up on the whole blogging thing. It's just... I am migrating to a new site. For the record, I'm currently a part time web developer in a company and my job inclines more and more to Wordpress. I've grown familiarized with setting up Wordpress, Woocommerce, and even developing their plugins, although I still have a long way to go.

I'm frankly amazed at how flexible and customizable Wordpress is, even though it's much harder to fix problems compared to traditional, self-sourced web app. You can instantly set up a site, write a new plugin that makes the site do what you want (it does take some time, and sometimes your plugin may conflict other plugins), or just start adding content to your sites. There are also themes that make your designing life easier and make you look like a professional designer even if you don't know anything about CSS (although some themes have overwhelmingly detailed number of complex design options and some... are expensive).

Anyway, enough about endorsing Blogger's competitor. Another reason I switch is because in my opinion, Blogger is stagnant and getting boring. Yeah, as much as I love Blogger as a medium to express myself (and I'm going to miss Blogger's native integration with Picasa and Google Photos), its mobile app was last updated a year ago and people start complaining it doesn't work with newer Android versions (I can't prove this, since I hate using Blogger mobile app the first time I tried). Although Google says they're not abandoning their blogging platform and keeps adding features, I think I'm going to jump ship first. Sure, I might return, when Google finally brings something new, something fresh to this beloved platform.

I'm not losing hope, I'm not abandoning Blogger. I'll keep this blog alive, and for the sake of that, I won't import contents from here. When Google brings something new and exciting to Blogger, I might consider returning here but for now, I'm going to change ship.

Thanks for all your support and visits. I hope I can see you all again in my new blog, http://vectorstate.net.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOLT! 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Review

Which WinRAR Compression Do You Need? [GUIDE]

Logitech mk240 Mouse Combo Review